Tuesday 27 October 2015

Chennai or Bust Blues: Tuesday, October 27th!

A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad. -Theodore Roosevelt, 26th US president (27 Oct 1858-1919)



Look who's headed to India!!! Have a great trip!!!

Have a good trip. Wayne  Hi Sarge: Here are the snaps from last night. We will give Joanne's keys to ChloĆ« to return to you. Thanks again for everything. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Ayn P shared Chloe Alexis Dunn's photo.Wishing my parents a safe and wonderful trip to India!
Up at 6:15 am to make a cup of java while Lady Mary continued her blissful sleep. Wanted to send a last few messages as well as needed to take some papers down to Flamin'. I had opened some junk mail at their place, (It's still coming to our former address!), and inadvertently scooped up a number of pages belonging to her when I left last night. Will rudely awake Mme Coriandre in a few minutes as we have to launder the sheets and make the bed before we leave, as well as give the place a thorough tidying.

Sylvia Sutherland
Sylvia Sutherland Have a wonderful trip!!!

Carol Riera
Carol Riera Me too! Bon voyage!

Patrick James Dunn
Patrick James Dunn Thanks for the lovely wishes, one and all!

Hi Pradeep! Thanks again for being such a great help on Sunday! Much appreciated! Lovely to meet you and I do hope our paths will cross again, in the not too, too distant future. Must away as I have last minute packing to do. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Lori Wood
Lori Wood Have a great trip! Looking forward to your posts and pics!

Patrick James Dunn
Patrick James Dunn Hi Lori! Will do my best! Cheers!!!

Hi Ilona! Kathryn passed along your name and email address after I had mentioned just how much I had been impressed by the various sessions I had attended, specifically target for school groups. Overall, I think this program is extremely important for a whole host of reasons, (educational, societal, etc.), and I certainly wish to commend you for all your obvious hard work on this part of the VWF. I have always maintained, (ever since I've been a Festival-goer and volunteer), that this programming is critical. All the best for future festivals. Onward! Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: As you can tell, I have included my impression of the session Against All Odds.

Chloe Alexis Dunn Ayn P don't cry, they'll be back!!!

Ayn P
Ayn P Wah!!!! Mommy!!!

Patrick James Dunn
Patrick James Dunn Boarding is just about to start!
 
Hi Kids! Just a quick note to say hello and goodbye! Thanks for sending along the John Oliver link. [Worth watching!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V5ckcTSYu8&feature=youtu.be], haven't had time to watch all of it but will do so at the airport! Fondestos, from Mme Coriandre who just turned over in bed, grumbling about having to be up so early! See you both soon. Take care of each other. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Patrizio! I am so sorry to have missed you this morning or yesterday afternoon when you came by to drop off your badge. THANK THANK thank YOU!!! And Corinne too of course. I hope you two have a Wonderful Wonderful time away. And maybe when I’m next up in Penticton (my sister lives there), I will come a knockin…Kathryn                           Margareta Maunsbach Have a wonderful journey!

Patrick James Dunn
Patrick James Dunn Thanks Maggie! Any tips?

Margareta Maunsbach
Margareta Maunsbach Never take icecubes in your drinks - and drink only boiling hot tea

Patrick James Dunn I never use ice in my Single Malt and I have an asbestos tongue so I'll do as you suggest with respect to tea! Cheers!
Margareta Maunsbach
Margareta Maunsbach And the rest will just come to you šŸ˜€

Patrick James Dunn
Patrick James Dunn Can hardly wait!!!

Krissy Seymour
Krissy Seymour Have a great trip xxxxxxxxxxx

Ginette Bertrand
Ginette Bertrand Lovely photo...safe travels!
Hi Kathryn! Sorry to have missed you as well! We had hoped to drop by this morning, in part to return Cora Lee's badge, but time evaporated! After last minute packing, doing laundry and making beds, we had to go to the Vancouver Bullion & Currency Exchange to obtain rupees and then to ChloĆ«'s place, on Wall, just off Powell, to leave our car there. She then drove us to the airport. Arrived about 11:45 am and after hugging and kissing, we were through bag drop-off, (I had checked-in on-line, from home earlier in the morning so we had our boarding passes), and Security, (First time I've used my Nexus card and nobody even glanced at it!), by about 12:30 pm!  Bella M. Mercado Have a good time guys!!!

Alan Waldron
Alan Waldron Have a veddy veddy good trip! Oh yes.

Howard Gold
Howard Gold no bike?

Chloe Alexis Dunn
Chloe Alexis Dunn He wasn't allowed to bring it!!šŸš“
Joanne Trueman
Joanne Trueman Wish you the best trip ever
Cora Lee stopped at one of Duty Free boutiques for hand-cream, I believe, while I went ahead to Gate 55 to set up shop. Great that YVR has free WiFi. In our experience, many other airports don't. I have quite a grand, marble-topped kiosk, all to myself! As soon as she comes to the gate, I'll go back to Duty Free for some single malt and then I'll be able to sip as I scribe! Unfortunately, bag will be sealed! Still, I can dream!!!

Thanks again for lovely travel wishes. We'd be delighted to see you in Penticton. Plenty of room so please do visit. Until next we meet, take care of yourself. We'll miss the Volunteer Party terribly so please say hello to one and all. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!
Dear Corinne and Patrick,Believe today is when you head over to India - have a good flight, wonderful experience and certainly look forward to hearing all about it. Andre is in Vancouver and I head over on Friday (currently in Brussels working). Apartment hunting is my number one priority since I am too old to not know where I am staying and living out of a suitcase every time I visit. Prices appear to be softening so hopefully if we make an offer above asking price we might be successful this time around.

Really sorry not to be seeing you (even planning to take plenty of reading matter since you will not be around to supplement my needs) but am sure we will be back in the spring when we can come and visit your new home in Penticton. Maybe even see you in Chabeuil next summer? Safe travels and take care. Much love, Rosemary XXX 


Hi Rosemary! How kind and considerate of you to wish us Bon Voyage, almost on the very moment of our departure! Sorry to have missed you and Andre as well! Very busy, yet extremely rewarding week at the Vancouver Writers Festival so certainly pleased we decided to come in earlier to volunteer again.

Thanks again for lovely travel wishes. We'd be delighted to see you in Penticton. Plenty of room so please do visit. There may well be a European trip this coming Spring/Summer so we'll keep you posted as plans concretize. Good luck with apartment hunting. Until next we meet, take care of yourself. Hello to Andre. (Funnily enough we met his good friend, Dan, a week ago Sunday as he is a good friend of Janet, our India expert!) Fondestos from Cora Lee, still shopping! Cheers, Patrizzio!


Adios Patriccio and CoraLee, Have a fantastic trip....we cant wait to see hear all your adventures! Be safe, have fun, dont do anything WE wouldnt do! Love you guys! We want to reserve the freeloaders suite when you get back so we can come and relive all of your adventures from India! love Marilyn xoxoxo 

Hi Marilyn! How kind and considerate of you to wish us Bon Voyage, almost on the very moment of our departure! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Thanks, Patrick, for your detailed and constructive comments. I took yesterday off and am back to Fest work today and for as long as it takes me to sort papers and make notes for next year. I sure agree with you - our volunteers were terrific. No, you and Corinne won't be given the heave-ho! Shadows were just in case you can't be there or would like an evening off. Take care on the road. Travel well. CathyA  Kathryn - Will get my vollie report for you within day or two. Hi CathyA! Glad you received my notes. Cheers, Patrizzio!  

Have to dash! Love, Dad! Great snaps!! Hi Goils! Sorry, I didn't think I had time to send message along so just decided to forward and earlier message. Managed to score our Duty Free hootch so now just waiting to board. Most other passengers are fussing but Nana is reading and I'm sending messages. Time to go now, however. Much love to you both. Love, Mom and Dad!

Not sure when your flight leaves - but we wanted to wish you safe travels.
Also to update you on couple of things....Luckily Henryk has had some free time from work so he has been able to achieve many things...He's repaired the sink in your bathroom; so now both are working - no more leaks He fixed the counter chair He picked up the fridge and has already changed the doors and positioned it in the garage. He picked up the new vacuum hose from Greyhound has hung the unit and has started making the shelves in the garage.
 

and Yes - I have been wine tasting :) - I learned that the 'Back Door Winery' is owned by the son of the owner of Sonoran wineries -- both very nice wines!
Moving forward...enjoy your time away and don't worry about anything here
regards, L&H Hi Louise! Just about to board. Don't wear out Henryk! More later!


After last minute packing this morning, doing laundry and making beds, we had to go to the Vancouver Bullion & Currency Exchange to obtain rupees and then to Chloƫ's place to leave our car there. She then drove us to the airport. Arrived about 11:45 am and after hugging and kissing, we were through bag drop-off, (I had checked-in on-line, from home earlier in the morning so we had our boarding passes), and Security, (First time I've used my Nexus card and nobody even glanced at it!), by about 12:30 pm!

Cora Lee stopped at one of Duty Free boutiques for hand-cream, I believe, while I went ahead to Gate 55 to set up shop. Great that YVR has free WiFi. In our experience,
many other airports don't. I have quite a grand, marble-topped kiosk, all to myself! As soon as she comes to the gate, I'll go back to Duty Free for some single malt and then I'll be able to sip as I scribe! Unfortunately, bag will be sealed! Still, I can dream!!!

Ma Cherie Corriandre et Patriciozo, Have a wonderful trip!! Veni Vidi Vici India! Kisses, Arat & Sjo

Sylvie Roy
Sylvie Roy Have a very nice trip to both of you xxx

Alastair Bird
Alastair Bird Have a great Trip!!

Colleen Teahan Waldron
Colleen Teahan Waldron India will NEVER be the same .

Betty Chapin
Betty Chapin Bon Voyage!!! Don't forget to come home!! xoxo

Robbie Burma
Robbie Burma Have a great trip...I went with Gary 2 years ago and used Luxe India per Janet Tomkins recommendation. Best trip!

Sara Jane McGillivray
Sara Jane McGillivray Bon Voyage!! I look forward to seeing your photos.

Beverley Wittwer
Beverley Wittwer Have a wonderful time xx

Takagaki Toshiko
Takagaki Toshiko Have a great trip!!

Douglas Jameson
Douglas Jameson Buon viaggio! Not sure if they stock Peller Estates in Mumbai...

Louise Sartorio
Louise Sartorio nice pictute...enjoy your travels

Monica Chattaway Grove
Kurt Traugott
Kurt Traugott Hope u left all these cloth on the airport... Have a great trip, enjoy

Lauren Beattie
Lauren Beattie Have a blast you two! (heart emoticon)

Thanks again for lovely travel wishes. Fondestos from Cora Lee, still shopping! Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment